I got a phone call this afternoon from the Montgomery County Humane Society and had the privilege of meeting Millie the Bloodhound. She was dropped off earlier today.
I got to interact with her, she is such a sweetheart, I wish I could adopt her myself. So if you’re in the market for a truly wonderful breed, Millie is for you. I took a few pictures and here’s a little data:
Sex: Female Spayed
Tag Number: 166
Commands: Sit, Stay, Bed
- Attended Obedience
- let’s you know when she needs to go to the bathroom
- house trained
- has been left unattended during the day with no problems.
- She is also crate trained.
- Good with children
- Does well with other dogs
- Dog is good with cats
- Active (She was pulling me around, I almost forgot how powerful bloodhounds are, it’s been a while for me.)
- Get’s on furniture
- Disciplined with a firm “NO!” and squirt bottle works well
- Beware – she is fond of toilet paper.
- Guards her bones
- Bloodhounds track, so get used to them pulling, and once they get on a scent, they will track.
If you are interested, call MCHS at 240.773.5960. And if you adopt her, bring her by the brewery sometime.