Calendar of Events
Chris O’Brien, author of Fermenting Revolution: How to Drink Beer and Save the World, leads an environmentally friendly tasting of spring beers from DC Brau, Baying Hound, Flying Dog, and Milkhouse Brewery.
$25 in advance
$30 in advance with pint glass
$28 day of event
How to Purchase:
Online, by phone (877.987.6487). Additional fees apply. Must be 21+ to attend. Pint glasses are available for purchase at the event for $6.
THE BEST OF DC, MARYLAND AND VIRGINIA WITH ITS FINEST BREWERIES, HOTTEST BANDS AND TASTIEST FOOD!
Sample 20 craft beers from 9 local breweries and enjoy food specials to pair perfectly with craft beers.
Baying Hound Aleworks
Fordham Brewing Company
Old Dominion Brewing Company
Mr. Mighty I
Tickets and Beer Sampling
- Advance tickets are available for purchase at ticketmaster.com, livenation.com, fillmoresilverspring.com and from The Fillmore Silver Spring box office
- The $27 ticket Includes Event Admission & Sampling Wristband redeemable for 5 Samples. These will be $30.00 day of show
- To purchase beer sampling wristbands, you must be 21 years or older with a valid photo ID
- Sampling wristbands are distributed upon entry
- Additional Sampling wristbands cost $15 and are redeemable for five 4 oz. beer samples
- We accept cash or credit card and do not limit the amount of wristbands you can purchase
About the Cady Lee House
The Beerfest takes place at the historic and lovingly restored Cady Lee House in Takoma DC.
The Forum for Youth Investment routinely maintains the property by paying for pre-emptive projects to improve the facility and performing all necessary repairs that an historic mansion requires. (Donations to the Cady-Lee are dedicated to these repairs and improvements.)
The 2010-2011 Renovation of the Cady-Lee
In addition to the full restoration of the Cady-Lee in 2001, the Forum invested in a noteworthy renovation project in 2011. The non-profit hired the general contractor, Thomas Archer LLC, to implement the renovation project. Listed below and as shown in the pictures, are the highlights of this impressive major renovation:
- Fixed the roof and renovated the gutters and third floor sleeping porch
- Repaired rotted timbers, posts, and beams to improve the structural integrity of the house and safety
- Renovated and replaced posts and railings on all decks for safety and structural reasons
- Repaired siding and all window frames
- Prepared and painted the entire house, ensuring protection from water damage
Beerfest VI Brewers
Join us on FRIDAY JULY 10th as we celebrate the 3rd anniversary of DC Bike Party. This is a SPECIAL FRIDAY EDITION OF DC BIKE PARTY… For the ride, we’ll meet in the center of Dupont Circle at 7:30 before we hit the street at 8pm sharp. We’ll ride together for about an hour and a half, with a pit-stop dance party in between, before we arrive at our destination: The After Party.
Our good friends at City Bikes are letting us break in their new HUGE warehouse space at 632 W St. NE for our anniversary celebration. We’ll have a full bar, ice cream and tacos from Milk Cult, a dance performance by Urban Artistry, bike portraits, a giant collaborative mural wall, and a live performance by The Originators. We’re adding programming every day, so keep your eyes on DC Bike Party’s Facebook page for added details. The party will run from 9:30pm-1am and is 18 and over– 21 to drink.
The theme for this month is simple– it’s a birthday party! Adorn both yourself and your bike with a few party hats, some streamers, kazoos, and balloons. Bonus points to whoever brings cupcakes or can get a pinata on their bike.
That was a close one. Our landlord informed us that they would be repaving this Saturday, but our friends over at Branded 72 graciously offered to host it. So come celebrate our belated 5th anniversary party.
Saturday, September 12th from 12:00 PM – 7:00 PM
387 East Gude Drive
Rockville, Maryland 20850
Enjoy some mighty fine BBQ, music and of course beer.
Bands and Times
The Mute Benders – 1 PM
Robot X – 2 PM
Drive TFC – 3 PM
The Originators – 4 PM
Fellowcraft – 5 PM
Redacted – 6 PM
You must have a valid ID in order to purchase beer. We do not accept vertical IDs.
Over 50 rare, sour, and wild brews
Unlimited beer samples • local food trucks • funk music
Denizens is hosting some of the best local breweries and several out-of-towners to celebrate the unique and mouth-watering style of wild beer with the first annual ‘Make it Funky’ Fest. From goses to brettanomyces blondes, the festival will showcase the wide range of wild beers being produced by craft breweries and will include new, limited, and re-released Denizens’ brews.
Schedule an Event?
If you would like to schedule private event or have suggestions about events, please fill out the form below.